- Who can submit a claim online?
All ihi Bupa customers with a travel insurance policy can submit their claims online.
- How do I submit a claim online?
All you have to do is scan your bills and corresponding receipts before attaching the documents to the online form. The document format must be jpg, pdf, tiff or gif, and the maximum size per file is 10mb.
- What information should I include with my claim?
- Policy number, date of birth, first and last names
- Email address
- All diagnoses related to all claims
- If you have a health insurance, travel insurance or accident insurance with another company, please state the company name and your policy number
All bills must specify:
- Type of service
- Proof of payment
- Cost of each service provided (consultation, laboratory examination, medicine, etc.)
- If medicine has been purchased, a copy of the prescription should be included
- How do I scan my bills?
To make sure your bills are legible upon receipt, please scan you bills and save them to pdf, jpg or tiff format. The maximum file size is 10mb. On the online form you click the browse button to find and select your documents before attaching them.
- What if I submit bills for more than one person?
If you submit bills for more than one person, it is important to make sure that it is absolutely clear which person each bill concerns.
- What if I submit bills for more than one policy?
If you submit bills for persons insured on different policies, you must submit the bills for each policy separately to avoid misunderstanding.
- What is a Property Irregularity Report (P.I.R.)?
A report issued by the airline documenting the baggage incident.
- Who is the Provider?
The hospital, doctor’s office, ambulance service, etc., who provided the service for which you were billed.
- Under which claim type should I submit non-medical claims?
Please refer to the Policy Conditions for further details on coverage for each claim type, as the below descriptions are only outlines and do not list the requirements for coverage.
- Daily hospital benefit/Daily emergency cash allowance: If you have received inpatient treatment and wish to claim for the cash allowance covered by the insurance.
- Flight delay: If you experienced flight delay, cancellation or overbooking of a scheduled flight and wish to claim for documented, necessary and reasonable additional expenses for accommodation, food and local transport.
- Personal accident: If an accident occurred resulting in the insured’s death, loss of a limb, loss of sight, loss of extremity, or total permanent disablement.
- Personal liability: If you need to claim for legal liability for bodily injury or property damage incurred by the insured.
- Security and legal aid: If you experience legal problems during your covered trip and need to claim for legal assistance and security.
- Theft/burglary/robbery: In case of robbery, burglary or theft of personal belongings.
- Fire: In case a fire should damage your personal belongings.
- What if I submit bills for more than one claim type?
If you submit bills for more than one claim type (eg. dental, medical or baggage), you must submit a separate claim for each type to avoid misunderstandings.